Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally another post!

So I'm glad I jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog... too bad I didn't keep up with it. LOL. But I'm ready to start blogging on a regular basis. I think it will be good and beneficial for me. After all- what a better way to relieve stress and have a special place to remember all those memorable moments :)

So let's have a little update since my last blog entry; shall we?

On November 1st, 2008 I lost my Grandmother very suddenly. This was DEVASTATING to me and I'm still having a hard time coping with her death. She babysat the twins right up until 2 days before she passed away and I really still can't believe she's gone. I can't believe that she has done so much for my children and they probably won't remember her. It hurts my heart to even think that. :( I love my Grandma SO much and I will NEVER forget everything she did for me. I hope that she is in a better place and looking down on me and is nothing but proud of me and my children. I'm so sorry that she never got to "meet" my baby Logan... but I can't help but think that he has a part of her in him. Rest in peace Grandma; I love and miss you more than words can say and there isn't an hour that goes by that I don't think of you. You will live on forever in my heart and in my words.
On December 4th, 2008 at 10:01am we welcomed Logan Alexander Davey. He weighed in at 7lbs, 2 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was and continues to be an complete different experience than the twins. The twins were born 6 weeks early and spent 24 days (Morgan) and 34 days (Nathan) in the NICU. Logan was born at 39 weeks and he got to come right into the recovery room with us and he got to room in with me and that was awesome. Even now I find that I get to enjoy his infancy more than I did with the twins b/c with them it was change, feed start over on the other baby and so on. I've learned through the twins though that they grow so quickly and before you know it they aren't teeny tiny babies anymore so I'm not "wishing" his infancy away.





Mike is closing the cafe at the end of next week and will probably be venturing back into the car business. I'm a little nervous with the way this economy is but it will be better than not having a job at all so I'm going to try and be optimistic that this will work out for our family. We really don't have a choice.
The twins are getting HUGE and growing up so quickly. It's amazing to me to watch them develop and grow and I really do feel like I'm living my life again through them. It's amazing to me to see how amazing things are to them. They get into everything and while it can be frustrating quite often I wouldn't change things for the world. Nathan is m laid back, complacent boy with "class clown syndrome" and Morgan is my strong willed independent girl.







Well- these are my updates. Hopefully I won't have to do anymore of these "update" posts and can just do regular posts... :)

No comments: