Friday, March 20, 2009

I know what I saw...

YAY! I'm actually committing to what I said about keeping up with the posting :)

Anyway- Wednesday I had some very interesting experieneces at our house. They both involved my Grandmother (she passed away 11.1.08) and you can think I'm crazy (just like Mike) but I know what I saw!

Wednesday morning I gave the twins a bath. I took Morgan out of the tub first and I had her on the changing table and I was getting her dressed. She looked passed me and said while waving, "Hi Mamma". (This is how she says Grandma, she calls me Mom or occasionally Momma or Mommy but she will say Grandma as Mamma but faster than she says Momma... you really can tell the difference when she's speaking). Anyway, I replied saying, "Hi Morgan" and she yelled back, "NO! Hi Mamma!" and continued to wave. She then went on to have a conversation in "chinese" for a few minutes. I just kept looking into the hallway where she seemed to be talking. Then she says "Bye bye" while waving. I got her down from the changing table and she walked all the way to the front door while waving and saying goodbye. There was the thought in my head that maybe she really did see my Grandma. It could happen...little kids see things all the time- they have an open mind right? I tell my husband of this story and he thinks I'm crazy. Then something happened to me later that night- I'm telling you I'm not crazy and I know what I saw.

Everyone who knew my Grandmother well knows she HATES frogs. I mean hates them. My Grandfather gave her crystal frogs once as a present b/c she collected Swavorski Cyrstal and she threw them at him b/c she hates frogs. So naturally I used to LOVE to antagonize my Grandma with frogs. I even remember when I was little my cousin Alexandra and I used to love sneaking behind my Grandma and putting little frogs that we found in the pool on her shoulder just to watch her run and scream through the yard (it sounds cruel but it was really funny).

Anyway; the other night I was coming home from Mar's house and I was thinking about what happened with Morgan earlier in the day. I get out of my van and I'm walking up the steps to the front door and out from under the steps a frog jumped out and hit me in the foot. I don't think I've ever jumped that high! I just laughed and said out loud, "I bet you thought that was REAL funny didn't you?"

Call me crazy or insane but I KNOW that was my Grandma. I miss her so much every day but that frog gave me a little bit of peace knowing that she is alright and in a better place now. And besides; where would a frog come from in the Northeast in the middle of March?!

No comments: